Welcome To My Workshop!
You may help shape the debate here or please go to my "corner to see some of the finished products: http://nanaakyeamensah.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Comment: NANA AKYEA REACTS TO OKOAMPA!

Read Article: Quashigah Requires Immediate Psychiatric Examination! by Kwame Okoampa-Ahoofe, Jr., Ph.D. Feature Article | Sunday, 1 August 2010

Comment: NANA AKYEA REACTS TO OKOAMPA!

Author: by Nana Akyea Mensah, The Odikro,
Date: 2010-08-01 09:14:30

My dear grandson, I have noticed that you are responding to treatment. You have refrained to use Nkrumah's name in your last article, even though the temptation must have been very strong. Good boy! This is not bad, but it is not good enough because you mentioned Danquah and the CPP! I have warned you that at any time I see Nkrumah or Danquah mention in your new articles, I shall give you an effective riposte. I intend to be very strict with you, since I do not give you any benefit of the doubt. For me mentioning CPP and not mentioning Nkrumah is neither here nor there! I want it to be here! You have broken an order to stop your nonsense and refused to comply. I am left with no other choice than to respond effectively for you to over-stand that I mean business. You require immediate psychiatric examination!

I am shocked! Do you think I am playing with you? For the avoidance of any doubts, I present below the evidence that triggered this automatic response. These are the offending lines:

"Indeed, it would have come off as rather funny to hear Mr. Quashigah pontifically accuse the [Danquah]1-Busia camp of unpatriotically stalling Ghana's material progress under the ineffably venal and extortionate regime of the [so-called] [Convention People's Party (CPP),]2"

"He is a Governing Board Member of the Accra-based [Danquah]3 Institute (DI) and author of 21 books, including “Dr. J. B. [Danquah]4: Architect of Modern Ghana” (iUniverse.com, 2005). E-mail: okoampaahoofe@optimum.net."

You are guilty on four counts of using Nkrumah or Danquah's name in your articles currently under my eagle eyes. You are four times in trouble! So let's begin quickly. You claim:

"There is an Akan dictum which counsels against unproductive engagement of arrant fools in [dialogical] debates of moment. It roughly and tersely translates as follows: “The gratuitous insult of his/her intellectual superiors by a certified fool is insufferably painful.”

What makes the “gratuitous insult of his/her intellectual superiors by a certified enemy of the people of Ghana” any better? I was a little bit taken aback with your "patriotic charge" in full trot here! I also have my own reservations about the STX deal, but for different reasons. However, I found your place in this debate to be rather incongruous. Particularly when the issue involves patriotism, you and I know very well that you are the last person whose opinion should matter to the ordinary Ghanaian.

For further information and follow-ups, I invite the interested reader to my blog. I tweet some of my comments on facebook and on twitter. If you agree or disagree with me, you may follow my thinking and reactions in a more comprehensive manner by coming to theodikro.blogspot.com. I keep most of my comments in one place. You may give me a follow on Twitter if you want to know "where I am coming from": /twitter.com/TheOdikro, or check out my blogs: 1. Feature Articles: nanaakyeamensah.blogspot.com, 2. Comments: theodikro.blogspot.com) Thanks!

Forward Ever! Backwards Never!!!

Cheers!

Nana Akyea Mensah, The Odikro

Twitter: /twitter.com/TheOdikro,
Blogs: Feature Articles: nanaakyeamensah.blogspot.com,
Comments: theodikro.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment