Welcome To My Workshop!
You may help shape the debate here or please go to my "corner to see some of the finished products: http://nanaakyeamensah.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Comment: KWESI PRATT'S INTEGRITY IS LEGENDARY!

Read Article

Comment: KWESI PRATT'S INTEGRITY IS LEGENDARY!

Author: Nana Akyea Mensah, The Odikro.
Date: 2010-03-11 06:09:42

Hi Calamity Mills,

KWESI PRATT'S INTEGRITY IS LEGENDARY!

Good day! All I want to say is that when the NPP came to power in 2000, Mr. Pratt was among those whose efforts clinched them the victory! Most of the staunchest supporters of the NPP hailed him as their man and even carried him on their shoulders several times!

I was part of that also, as we did not want the PNDC to consolidate itself in power and undermine our democracy. In fact, up till now, most of my political friends are found in the NPP whilst I can call no one in the NDC as a friend! In fact, they never liked me and I was always suspicious of them even when they tried to be friendly.

I can only mention the late Ato Austin and Mr. D. S. Boateng as having been personal friends! On the other hand, my friends in the NPP include Dan Botwe, Arthur Kennedy, Nkrabea Effa Dartey, Asamoah Boateng, Joe Baidoo Ansah, Kweku Paintsil, Mr. Dua Adonteng, Fosuaba Banahene, the late Professor Albert Adu Boahene, and to a very limited extent, Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo.

It used to be the same with Kwesi, even though we have always known that such friendships were temporal.

If Kwesi was simply looking for per diems, he would have even had more of those than Kweku Baako and the rest of them who shared the 15 billion cedis among themselves! Did you not hear about the offer to make Kwesi an ambassador during the first term of President Kufour?

It is only those who do not know Mr. Pratt who can talk like this! During the PNDC period, Kwesi's uncle, Mr. Kojo Botsio even offered a whole house to Kwesi in the airport residential area, only to learn that there were some strings attached to it! He was not to attack the PNDC attempts to recruit and absorb the CPP into the newly formed NDC! I know what happened next because I was there! I leave you to guess the answer for yourself! Kwesi is a proven and tested man of absolute integrity. He is the most principled journalist I personally know in Ghana today! There certainly must be others, but I only speak of what I personally know! I am not asking anyone to emulate me. I am simply saying Mr. Prah has to climb out of the gutter and join the decent debate in the street!

By the way, whether you like it or not, the days of the NPP are over! NDC is going to retain power, come 2012! The CPP is going to take over from the NPP as the largest opposition in parliament in the 2012 elections! And if you like, we shall make our first real dash at it in 2016.

I can assure you however that from the level of growing political awareness in the country, it is very safe to assume that we shall be back in power by 2020! God willing! In the meanwhile, considering the balance of forces, and how evil the NPP has proved to be, we shall make sure that we do not rock the boat too much to let it slip again into their thieving hands!

Forward Ever! Backwards Never!!!

Cheers!
--
Nana Akyea Mensah, The Odikro.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/people/Nana-Akyea-Mensah
Blog: /nanaakyeamensah.blogspot.com/
Twitter: /twitter.com/TheOdikro
E-mail: nanaakyeamensah at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment